|Facility||Arapahoe County Detention Facility (RISE program) II|
Our Forensic Psychologist provides individual and group psychotherapy, conducts psychological evaluations and testing, and is an active member of the treatment team who provides staff education as needed on psychological issues. Assigned responsibilities for developing, monitoring and implementing behavioral management plans as well as assigned responsibilities for quality assurance monitoring. Provides psychological assessments and quality assurance reviews and is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as an individual, and considers the culture of the patients when providing care and treatment.
- Doctoral level degree in clinical psychology from an accredited university
Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in clinical psychology.
Previous work with forensic psychiatric patients is preferred.
Skilled in organization, supervision, and state of the art treatment interventions.
Ability to read and communicate in English.
High degree of empathetic listening, tact and kindness toward others.
- Current license as a Psychologist in the State of Colorado.
- Provides individual and group treatment, including competency restoration, psychotherapy, and psycho-education.
- Provides psychological assessments and competency screenings.
- Serves as a consultant to the multidisciplinary teams. Reviews assessments, case presentations, and conducts quantitative chart reviews.
- Supervises and trains psychology students, provides training and education to the rest of the clinical team as needed, provides expert testimony to the court, serves on committees.
- Develops, monitors, and implements behavioral management plans as needed.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.