Our Activity Specialist utilizes a variety of activities to guide Patients with mental and emotional disabilities through their treatment; provides an avenue through which Patients can communicate ideas, thoughts, or feelings; participates in hospital/community related arts projects; assists units and hospital with special events, holidays, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor Degree in Human Services or related field preferred, certification a plus.
- Experience conducting art and/or other activities in a therapeutic or educational environment.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Willingness and ability to work weekends and evenings.
- None required.
- Develops curriculum appropriate for the individual patient’s pre-determined level of functioning based on completed functional skill assessments.
- Able to be creative in utilizing activities in all phases of Role Recovery.
- Conducts activities time for patients both in group and individual settings.
- Plans activities and special events by choosing activities appropriately for the occasion and population.
- Works well with and as a team with all departments and programs to meet the needs of the patients.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.