Location: Elayn Hunt Correctional Center, LA, St. Gabriel
Facility: Elayn Hunt Correctional Center
Job Type: PRN
Our Activity Therapist provides activity therapy services at the direction of site supervisor. Maintains effective communication with the Facility and CCS staff.
- Associate or bachelor's degree in activity therapy, therapeutic recreation, or related field
- Experience providing services to a mentally ill population and/or certification as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist preferred
- Current CPR certification
- Any other certifications (such as First Aid) as required by site contract
- Responsible to provide activity therapy services to inmates in the facility in accordance with the policies and procedures of both CCS and the Facility, and be consistent with recognized standards of activity Therapy.
- Responsible to provide activity therapy services under the direction of supervisor.
- Make sure to interrelate and work effectively with other Facility and CCS staff.
- Responsible to abide by the security regulations and limits of confidentiality of inmate information requirements of the Facility.
- Conduct MHP Segregation Rounds (at some facilities) as directed by supervisor.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.