Our Activity Therapist works to provide all patients pleasant and rewarding activities in a safe and comfortable environment. With minimal supervision, plans and implements activities to treat or maintain the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of the patient population.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health and Human Services, Physical Education or other related fields.
- At least one (1) year experience providing direct care support in a residential care facility for the treatment of sexually violent predators or planning and implementing activities to treat or maintain the physical, mental, or emotional wellbeing of clients in other populations.
- Must have the ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Must be able to pass and maintain clearance for a Public Trust Position.
- Ability to express thoughts logically, in English, in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to use computers and the typical software such as Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and various database systems.
- None required.
- Provide recreation resources and opportunities in order to improve health and well-being of the patient population.
- Confers with administrative and medical staff on activities and goals. Provides evaluation of patients by observation and interviews. Prepare progress and treatment reports.
- Identify activity needs and participate in in-service training.
- Lead group sessions to teach alternative coping skills to assist the patient population to overcome any environmental, physical, or emotional barriers.
- Works effectively with all patients, medical, nursing, and other staff members and to deal tactfully with the public.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.