Location: Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center, MA DOC, MA, Shirley
Facility: Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center, MA DOC
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Recruiter: Simone Sanders
Indeed Quick Apply (Yes/No): Yes
Our Activity Therapist provides individual and group activities that facilitate recovery.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in activity therapy, therapeutic recreation, or related field.
- Experience providing services to a mentally ill population preferred.
- None required.
- Provides a program of activities for patients to include, but not limited to the following:
- Skills Groups: Individual or group activities that promote the development of skills, promote the ability to interact in a group setting, and provide the patient with self-esteem through a sense of accomplishment.
- Socialization Groups: Opportunity to participate in group recreational activities to promote social skill.
- Community Meeting: To encourage patient participation and active involvement in group problem solving.
- Education/Recreational groups (e.g., "Life Skills", "Current Events", “Crafts”): Engagement in unstructured recreational activities (e.g., board games). Engagement of patient in conversation to promote interpersonal communication. Opportunity for individual and group physical exercise activities.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.