Our Admissions Coordinator is responsible for receiving, reviewing and organizing all referrals for admission to the treatment facility, and all associated documents and communications. This position is responsible for the actual admission process as well as the ongoing communication with community referral sources up until admission.
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work from an accredited college or university highly desired.
- Two (2) years of experience in healthcare/clinical/psychiatrist setting preferred.
- Must have knowledge of community resources.
- Must have computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- None required.
- Communicates with Receiving Facilities and works with them to obtain the necessary admission information on referrals. Has detailed knowledge of the treatment facility criteria and legal aspects of admissions; communicates and assists the physicians on obtaining needed information on admissions. Thoroughly reviews all referrals and works directly with the Clinical Director to set-up admissions. Maintains communication with the regional districts and keeps a tracking list of patients being referred for admission. Organizes all admission paperwork as received. Provides comprehensive reporting on admission activity to Administration.
- Welcomes, provides initial overview of the treatment facility, and performs the initial admission paperwork for new persons served when they arrive. Sets up the new charts.
- Demonstrates understanding of risk management, infection control, precautions, fire and disaster procedures, abuse reporting.
- Keeps track of occupancy and vacancies in the treatment facility. Provides reports to districts on which patients they have in the treatment facility. Keeps track of discharges and reconciles bed count.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as individuals, and considers the culture of the person served when providing care and treatment.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.