Assistant Director of Nursing
Location: Maine Correctional Center, ME, Windham
Facility: Maine Correctional Center
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Our Assistant Director of Nursing has the authority, responsibility and accountability for assisting the Director of Nursing in the structuring, implementing and monitoring the Nursing Service Program.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
- Five (5) or more years of clinical experience
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience recommended
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse within the State, or valid compact state nurse license
- Current CPR certification
- Assist in ensuring that the health services units are staffed with nursing personnel to meet the needs of the inmate population and contract requirements. Responsible for approving the nursing schedule, requested changes and requests for time off.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of nursing personnel
- Assist in the coordination of new employee orientation and continuing education programs.
- Prepares and submits reports to the Health Services Administrator in timely manner as requested.
- Participates in Quality Improvement (QI) and Infection Control activities and meetings as requested
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.