Assistant Regional Medical Director
Our Assistant Regional Medical Director is responsible for the clinical programs of the assigned region including patient care duties when necessary. Provides clinical supervision to site Medical Directors and health care providers as well as general supervision to practitioners in clinical disciplines other than medicine. Provides consultation to nursing, practitioners, and clients as appropriate. Be an active member of the CCS Medical Staff Organization.
- Medical degree.
- A minimum of two (2) years of administrative experience in clinical systems preferred.
- At least three years of direct patient care experience in a correctional institution preferred.
- At least two years of clinical practice in a managed care system preferred (correctional experience counts).
- Board eligible or certified in primary care specialty preferred.
- Must have and maintain current licensure within applicable states; must be able to obtain licensure in states within region.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR certification.
- Maintains a current DEA certificate.
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance at sites within region.
- Functions as "health authority" for assigned region.
- Participates in site MAC and P&T Committee meetings.
- Participates in the CCS Medical Staff Organization, P & T meetings, and other meetings as assigned.
- Serves as a liaison with the administrative staff, the health care community within and outside of the correctional health care community, clients, and interest groups.
- Participates in the hiring, termination, assessment of site Medical Directors, and health care providers to include dentists and psychiatrists in assigned region.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.