Assistant Shift Supervisor, Lieutenant
The Assistant Shift Supervisor supervises all security/control related functions and staff during the duty shift and is responsible for maximum facility coordination regarding resident supervision and safety. Is responsible for the preparation of required records and reports.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral sciences, correctional services or related field preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience working in a correctional or secure treatment facility.
- One (1) supervisory experience preferred.
- Be at least 19 years of age.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Not have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement, nor have received a dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) certification as a Correctional Officer.
- Ability to obtain certification for training such as CPR, First Aid and firearms.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and regulations for custody, security and/or treatment of residents.
- Conducts shift briefings; disseminates information regarding resident status and new or revised polices and procedures; validates staff attendance and appearance, assigns staff to posts.
- Responds to unusual occurrences. Facilitates prompt and appropriate assistance to residents in the event of injury, illness or emotional trauma.
- Monitors staff interaction with residents. Evaluates resident behavior and interactions; directs or takes steps to diffuse critical situations.
- Directs the work of other employees. This may include the selection, hiring, evaluating job performance, employee training/development, promoting and proposing any disciplinary action, including termination.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.