Behavioral Health Professional
Our Behavioral Health Professional provides clinical services under the direction of the BH Coordinator, Clinical Supervisor or BH Director to inmates. Provide behavioral health consultation and training to facility staff.
- Master’s degree in a behavioral/social science field from an accredited college or university.
- Coursework and professional experience that indicates knowledge of behavioral health counseling, group and individual psychotherapy, diagnosis and treatment of behavioral disorders, psychological assessment techniques, crisis intervention, and behavioral health consultation.
- Licensure in the state from the appropriate state licensing board
- Must maintain CPR certification and any other certifications (such as First Aid) required.
- Provide direct clinical and consultation services in accordance with CCS Policies and procedures, policies and procedures of the institution, and in accordance with the ethics and standards of relevant professional organizations (e.g., NASW, APA)
- Responsible for having a basic understanding of mental health accreditation standards issued by National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) and American Correctional Association (ACA) if those accrediting bodies are applicable to the facility
- Interrelate and work effectively with facility staff, inmates, and outside support agencies as delegated by MH Coordinator, Clinical Supervisor, or MH Director
- Maintain the confidentiality of inmate information in accordance with CCS policy and procedure, state law, site policy and the standards of the NCCHC and ACA, if those accrediting bodies are applicable to the site
- Completion of specific duties and responsibilities as designated by the Mental Health Coordinator, Clinical Supervisor or Mental Health Director. Designation of duties will be determined by current needs of the inmate population and the mental health professional’s privilege status, taking into consideration employee’s interests whenever possible.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.