Certified Medical Assistant, SCA
Our Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the gathering of information during the clinical process under supervision of Registered Nurses. Assists all nurses with performing activities commensurate with his/her education and demonstrated competencies.
- Completed an accredited CMA course
- Minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience preferred
- Currently certified as a Medical Assistant in the State if certification is required by the State
- For states that do not require this position to be certified, a certification is not required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR certification
- Consult with and is responsible to RN's and other staff as appropriate.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies and procedures. Intervenes with proper technique, procedures and safety precautions to meet individual needs of patient.
- Participates in gathering information on patient history.
- Verifies medications.
- Makes appropriate referrals for follow-up.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.