Certified Medication Aide
Location: Sedgwick County Juvenile Detention Facility (KS Sedgewick JDF), KS, Wichita
Facility: Sedgwick County Juvenile Detention Facility (KS Sedgewick JDF)
Job Type: Regular Part-Time
Our Certified Medication Aide, under close supervision, assists in performing routine duties to include medication administration, inventory control and storage of pharmaceutical items.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Certified Medication Aide Course
- One (1) year related experience in a medical environment preferred
- Certified as a Medication Aide in the state within which services are provided
- Must have current CPR Certification
- Preparing and administering prescribed medications to patients under the supervision of a licensed RN, and in compliance with all Facility policies and procedures and Pharmacy Board rules and regulations governing the administration and documentation of medication.
- Adhering to all Facility policies and procedures and Pharmacy Board rules and regulation regarding the administration and documentation of narcotic medications.
- Performing medication administration responsibilities while adhering to all safety principles.
- Documenting administration of medication on the Medication Administration Record (MAR).
- Documenting medications not administered on the MAR, and the reason for not being administered.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.