Certified Medication Technician
Location: Wicomico County Detention Center, MD, Salisbury
Facility: Wicomico County Detention Center
Job Type: PRN
Recruiter: Kristin Sutlive
Our Certified Medication Technician is responsible for all aspects of medication administration within the scope of his/her certification and under the supervision and direction of a Registered Nurse.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Certified Medication Technician Course
- One (1) year related experience in a medical environment preferred
- Must be certified as a Medication Technician in the state within which services are provided
- Must have current CPR Certification
- Preparing and administering prescribed medications to patients under the supervision of a licensed RN, and in compliance with all Facility policies and procedures and Pharmacy Board rules and regulations governing the administration and documentation of medication.
- Adhering to all Facility policies and procedures and Pharmacy Board rules and regulation regarding the administration and documentation of narcotic medications.
- Performing medication administration responsibilities while adhering to all safety principles.
- Documenting administration of medication on the Medication Administration Record (MAR).
- Documenting medications not administered on the MAR, and the reason for not being administered.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.