Certified Nursing Assistant
Our Nursing Assistant performs basic and specialized nursing care function under the direction of a licensed nurse. Nursing duties and tasks are performed in accordance with local and regulatory policies and procedures. The Nursing Assistant is a nursing partner who implements patient care activities with the assistance of other members of the health care team and custody officers in the correctional setting. After completion of a general orientation to medical-surgical and psychiatric patient care areas floats between the units to ensure adequate nursing staff for patient care areas.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Completion of training course for Nursing Assistants
- Work requires level of knowledge of basic patient care methods, procedures, and techniques
- Ability to handle a variety of simple tasks that are routine in nature, while keeping work flowing in an orderly manner
- Ability to express thoughts logically, in English, in both written and verbal form
- Ability to use computers and Windows software applications
- Current certification in the state of practice is required
- Must have the ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Must be able to pass and maintain clearance for a Public Trust Position, if working with specific patients
- Assisting patients with eating, bathing, dressing, toileting and all other activities of daily living (ADLs) each shift. Documents appropriate notes that reflect patient care activities.
- Obtain and record all parameters of vital signs to include height and weight. Accurate intake and output is recorded as ordered and reported to the licensed nurse.
- Collects, reports and documents patient data and information accurately and in a timely manner.
- Reports abnormal vital signs are reported to the licensed nurse immediately. Record as instructed based on findings.
- Completes all assigned tasks and assists other team members in caring for patients.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.