Chief Nursing Officer
Correct Care Recovery Solutions (CCRS) has partnered with the Massachusetts Department of Corrections to comprehensively manage and provide medical and mental health care, forensic mental health evaluation and treatment, substance abuse treatment and dental services to patients at Bridgewater State Hospital. CCRS is seeking qualified professionals to be part of this innovative program that will deliver care in accordance with a person-centered, trauma-informed recovery/resiliency philosophy. CCRS’ overall goal is to improve patients’ levels of functioning and wellness for a successful recovery and discharge from the hospital. CCRS has several exciting employment opportunities based at Bridgewater State Hospital for individuals to work alongside visionary leaders committed to improving public health. When you work at a CCRS facility, you have an opportunity to make a difference every single day.
Our Chief Nursing Officer is directly responsible to ensure the goals and objectives of the hospital are accomplished according to the policy direction of the organization. This position is directly responsible for Nursing Services, Clinic Operations, Infirmary Services, and Patient Living Areas.
- Master’s degree in Nursing, related health care, medical services, behavioral or rehabilitative science field.
- Five (5) years of managerial experience in a leadership position performing duties typically associated with the Assistant or Associate Director of Nursing or Director of Nursing in a mental health setting, a college or university program, or a health care facility, which included a discrete psychiatric program.
- Must be able to work exclusively with individuals diagnosed with mental illness or multiple disabilities. (A diagnosis of multiple disabilities requires services for two or more mental disabilities, at least one of which must be a diagnosable mental illness, such as combined psychiatric illness and chemical addictions, or combined psychiatric illness and mental retardation).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels within the facility, in addition to a variety of outside customers with varying interests.
- Above average writing skills. Must be able to thoroughly and effectively document all work performed in the position. Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Massachusetts.
- Oversees daily operations of nursing services in meeting facility goals and objectives.
- Develops, presents, and manages the nursing services budget.
- Participates with EMG in strategic planning and budget development by participating in the development of policy to include goals, outcome and process objectives and implementation steps.
- Provides administrative leadership and oversight to the Nursing, Programs and Education departments (fiscal, HR, safety and environment).
- Assumes professional responsibility to assure that nursing standards are followed; licensed staff are current with licensure; and educational programs meet clinical standards.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.