Our Clinical Specialist is a Registered Professional Nurse with experience in the practice of correctional nursing and processing, advanced studies and expertise in administration of nurse services. Will provide necessary guidance to assist operational management team in making clinical decisions, assist in obtaining operational goals and objectives, develop appropriate policies and procedures of CCS and the facility, and maintain compliance with ACA, NCCHC and state accreditation standards.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Nursing, Health Administration, Business Administration or health related field preferred
- Five (5) years of experience in delivery and administration of correctional medical
- Five (5) years administrative, management and supervisory experience in correctional nursing
- Organizational experience in operations and planning
- Experience in understanding and managing budgets and analyzing contracts
- Current license as a RN, LPN, or EMT
- Assumes the role of site leadership within operations as needed.
- Monitors the implementation and effectiveness of procedures and programs throughout the company.
- Evaluates statistical data, programing needs and problems throughout the company, assists in planning of the nursing orientation, nurse in-service training, and continuing education within the company, program needs and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Develops, utilizes, revises, interprets, and ensures compliance with CCS and facility policies and procedures, ACA, NCCHC, maintains professional relationships within the company.
- Demonstrates knowledge and performance of nursing policies and procedures: Supports philosophy, objective and goals of nursing program. Accepts assignments and performs other related duties as required or assigned by the Company. Preforms in accordance with the Nurse Practices Act and Nursing Code of Ethics.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.