Our Cook works as a team member in the facility kitchen and prepares adequate and nutritional meals for the patients and staff. Responsible for rotating food stores, ensuring food is safe for consumption, and cleaning and sanitizing work areas throughout shift. This position reports pertinent information to the Food Service Director/Manager for follow-up.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
One (1) year cooking experience required.
Experience in commercial, military or other institutional setting preferred.
Must be able to demonstrate the use and understanding of all facility recipes, policies, and procedures.
Must be able to communicate to all staff the minimum production/service requirements.
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of special diets and proper portioning amounts forsame.
- Must be certified through HACCP or ServSafe Food Safety Sanitation Course or must obtain certification within three (3) months of employment.
- Follows established menu schedule and prepares menu items according to appropriate food recipes.
- Cleans kitchen equipment. Follows weekly cleaning schedule for all equipment and ensures equipment is in proper working order. Reports any equipment repairs immediately to the Food Service Manager/Director.
- Ensures food is not left at improper temperatures, prevents cross-contamination of foods, and ensures a safe environment for the patients and staff.
- Follows proper sanitation practices such as daily cleaning and proper storage. Ensures that temperature sheets are completed daily, and empty boxes and trash are removed throughout shift. Also follows the clean-as-you-go practice and is evident when kitchen is inspected.
- Stocks and rotates supplies. Ensures storeroom and cooler are stocked in a timely manner. Items needed to meet the daily menu requirements are available in the kitchen.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.