Counselor (Night and Weekend Availability Needed)
Our Counselor is responsible for planning, coordinating, developing and implementing a professional individual and group counseling program for assigned inmates/clients in compliance with CCS, facility and correctional healthcare directives.
- Current, unrestricted license in state of practice; MA degree in mental health related course of study
- One (1) year experience preferred, but not required; Corrections experience preferred
- Current CPR/BCLS certification
- Review inmate/client health information, conducts mental health assessment and, as necessary, make recommendations with regard to the inmates treatment and housing.
- Provide personal and social adjustment counseling on an individual and group basis in coordination with Administration and other facility programs.
- Provide direct aid to inmates with personal needs or problems, i.e. sickness, injury, family problems, emergencies, etc.
- Monitor inmate/client progress. Coordinates problem cases and point out areas in which guidance and development techniques can be improved. Maintain documentation and records.
- Recommend and conduct training sessions to develop greater proficiency among facility staff in areas of guidance and social adjustment.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.