Custody Officer (FDLE Certified) $1000 Sign-On Bonus!
Location: South Florida Evaluation and Treatment Center, FL, Florida City
Facility: South Florida Evaluation and Treatment Center
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Recruiter: Patricia Fernandez
The Custody Officer provides security functions within and around the perimeter of the facility.
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent as defined by the state certification/licensing authority.
- Must meet minimum age requirements as defined by the state certification/licensing authority.
- Be a citizen of the United States notwithstanding any laws of the State to the contrary.
- Not have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving crime of moral turpitude, such as perjury or a false statement, notwithstanding suspension of sentence or withholding of adjudication.
- Not have received a dishonorable or undesirable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Have his/her processed fingerprints on file with the employment agency.
- Must be a certified Correctional Officer by Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) prior to employment by completing a Basic Correctional Academy (BCA), 420-hour recruit-training course from an accredited FDLE entity
- Must pass the Florida State Exam for Correctional Officer (or its equivalent) as established by the Commission and F.D.L.E.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license, if operating a company vehicle is necessary.
- Maintains security of an assigned post, remaining alert at all times and taking the necessary action to prevent escapes. Monitors patient activities and intervening as needed to control disruptive and/or violent behaviors.
- Monitors and controls all communication systems, surveillance systems, emergency signal systems, which may include but is not limited to; fire alarm system, thermal detection system, electronic locking system, closed circuit television system, computer systems, perimeter-alert system, public address (PA) system and two-way radio system.
- Observes and monitors patient’s behaviors inside and outside of the Facility. Identifying potential security breaches and implementing necessary safety precautions.
- Responds to emergency calls to de-escalate aggressive behaviors, control fights and riots, prevent escapes and assists clinical staff to prevent harm or injury from violent patients utilizing established aggression control techniques. Participates in searching patient areas for contraband and other unauthorized items.
- Controls and monitors all individuals entering and exiting the Facility grounds, verifying provided identification from visitors and conducts searches, as required, of all persons belongs and vehicles.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.