Location: Treasure Coast Forensic and Treatment Center, FL, Indiantown
Facility: Treasure Coast Forensic and Treatment Center
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Our Custody Technician operates and monitors an electronic computerized security and surveillance system.
- A high school diploma or its equivalent
- One (1) year of experience in Law Enforcement and/or security work, the operation of computer equipment, and/or the use of automated security or surveillance systems
- None required
- Monitors an electronic touchscreen display monitor and takes actions required to correct breaches of security and/or mechanical equipment failure announced by the system by directing the deployment of conventional security forces, advising the Security Shift Supervisor, or notifying local Law Enforcement and/or Fire-Department Agencies as directed, and when the immediate situation may demand.
- Performs actions required to command the system to perform various functions, such as unlocking or locking electronic doors and placing devices in an access or secure mode to allow or prevent movement of people as necessary. Maintains post equipment by completing daily equipment inventory and checks.
- Maintains the system log which automatically records all events/activities by inserting pertinent remarks in reference to events as they occur.
- Performs functions necessary to obtain any information from the system to determine the status of security, mechanical equipment or the system itself.
- Performs operator maintenance on the system in accordance with established procedures.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.