Our Dental Assistant assists the Dentist during examination and treatment, is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of the dental equipment, and may conduct initial screenings and oral hygiene education.
- Education as required by level of license.
- Two (2) years dental assistant experience to include assisting and sterilization techniques, knowledge of dental procedures and equipment, infections control, and safety measures procedures
- Certification as a Dental Assistant required.
- Provides chair side assistance, passing instruments, keeps operating field clear, suctions, and other assisting tasks as assigned by the Dentist. Takes dental x-rays, including developing and mounting films, pours impression casts, keeps log, and escorts patients to and from waiting area and assists with supervision of patients. Documentation as required. Communicates effectively with patients.
- Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of the dental clinical along with daily operational functions. Maintains clean and sanitary environment in accordance with OSHA standards and infection control policies. Sterilizes instruments, cleans equipment, changes chemicals, performs weekly spore tests on steam sterilizer, monitors refrigerator, keeps logs, and keeps MSDS up-to-date. Orders supplies, keeps inventory and logs, and arranges for repair of equipment and routine maintenance. Above is done in accordance with hospital procedures.
- Participates in ongoing quality improvement and chart review activities.
- Schedules patients for appointments and follow-up, sends out notification of appointments, follows up on no-shows, and refusals in accordance with hospital procedures.
- May conduct initial routine screenings of inmates upon admission to determine dental needs, including oral hygiene instruction
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.