Director of Procurement
The Director of Procurement is a key member of the Finance team responsible for all company sourcing and purchasing activities; directly supporting functional groups such as Operations, Clinical Administration, and IT. As the Director of Procurement, you will be responsible for developing and executing the strategic vision of an integrated procurement organization, utilizing strategic sourcing levers which deliver cost reductions alongside improved service levels. This role will be responsible for developing a best in class procurement function that delivers outstanding value and service for internal and external customers.
- Bachelors degree in economics, business or finance. MBA preferred.
- Successful, multi-year track record in a procurement role. Health procurement experience preferred.
- 5+ years management experience, experience in procurement function development desired.
- 10+ years’ experience in procurement in a large-scale environment, multi-site experience preferred
- Large corporate experience is a must.
- Must be able to manage and maintain staff to meet objectives and responsibilities; including staff’s continued development.
- None required.
- Develop and execute the strategic vision of an integrated procurement organization dedicated to providing purchasing services to our operational sites and leading purchasing and supplier management for all categories globally
- Deliver cost reductions and improved quality and service levels through leadership in the implementation and integration of best-in-class strategic sourcing levers
- Manage contract negotiation and renewal to include RFP process to maximize enterprise wide purchasing power.
- Deliver ongoing savings in steady-state org through continuous improvement initiatives and the implementation of best practices
- Lead the development of strategic sourcing plans to include; proposing initiatives, expected savings, staffing needs, timetable for completion and proposed sourcing budget
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.