Director of Social Services
Our Social Services Director provides comprehensive discharge planning including assisting residents with the identification of housing, outpatient treatment and employment. Additionally, this position participates in the organization-wide planning and implementation of organizational goals through relationship to local providers and participation in performance improvement program and organizational committees.
Master’s degree in social work or behavioral science from an accredited college oruniversity.
- Five (5) years’ experience working in an inpatient psychiatric, forensic services system, or residential correctional sex offender program.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational and clinical observational skills.
- Ability to assign and coordinate work activities and monitor the performance of subordinates.
- Appreciation of the need for and ability to maintain appropriate personal boundaries in working with sexual offender populations.
- Ability to form and maintain good working relationships with a diverse staff and a commitment to enhancing cultural competency.
- Licensed or licensed eligible as a social worker in South Carolina.
- Establishes relationships with community service providers that will support residents upon discharge.
- Conducts sex offender treatment groups weekly with a co-facilitator.
- Identifies key areas for improvement, develops and monitors indicators and implements process improvements both departmentally and organizationally.
- Develops, monitors, and evaluates standards, performance indicators, goals and objectives, programs, policies and procedures, and process indicators for the delivery of program services.
- Maintains liaison with facility management and treatment staff to develop new treatment programs.
The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.university.