Our Discharge Planner coordinates, conducts and implements discharge planning for inmates at the facility. Maintains effective communication with facility staff and community resources as well as maintain accountability for services provided.
- Bachelor's degree in social work or closely related field from an accredited college or university
- Previous experience in developing successful transition plans involving community resources for persons with mental illness
- Experience in social work case management in a mental health agency for mentally ill population, a must
- Current CPR certification
- Any other certifications (such as First Aid) required by contract
- Responsible for discharge planning for inmates receiving mental health services, particularly inmates diagnosed with a Severe and Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI), Mental Retardation (MR), or inmates with a serious medical illness, in accordance with the policy and procedures.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with community agencies providing services to persons with mental illness or serious medical conditions.
- Facilitate applications of eligibility for SSDI, SSI, or other available forms of financial assistance, as well as resumption of benefits for inmates awaiting release from the Facility.
- Maintain effective working relationships with Facility Staff, Institutional Parole Officer, and appropriate parole, mental health and medical staff.
- Responsible to abide by security regulations, including limits of confidentiality of inmate information requirements of the Facility.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.