Food Services Assistant
Our Food Service Assistant works as a team member in the hospital kitchen and to serve quality meals to the patients and staff. This position is also responsible for rotating food stores; ensuring food is safe for consumption, and cleaning and sanitizing work areas. Reports pertinent information to Management for follow up.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One (1) year food production experience in commercial, military or institutional setting is preferred
- Experience in the field of corrections/detainee management and prior correctional food service training is preferred
- ServSafe certification highly preferred
- Must obtain ServSafe Certification within three (3) months of employment
- Serves portions of food on trays or plates and pours beverages. Follows assigned diets per the menu and patients diet card, if applicable.
- Follows proper sanitation practices such as daily cleaning and proper storage. Ensures that temperature sheets are completed daily, and empty boxes and trash are removed throughout shift. Also follows the clean-as-you-go practice and is evident when kitchen is inspected.
- Ensures food is not left at improper temperatures, prevents cross contamination of foods, and ensures a safe environment for the patients and staff.
- Cleans kitchen equipment. Follows daily and weekly cleaning schedule for all equipment and ensures equipment is in proper working order. Reports any equipment repairs immediately to the Food Service Supervisor.
- Has completed HACCP workbook and passed successfully.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.