Forensic Psychologist - $5k Sign On Bonus!
Treasure Coast Forensic Treatment Center (TCFTC) in Indiantown, is seeking part time and full-time licensed psychologists. TCFTC is a 224-bed, maximum security, private, forensic mental health treatment facility operated by Correct Care Recovery Solutions, LLC under a contract with the State of Florida’s Department of Children and Families (DCF). TCFTC serves men committed by Florida circuit courts as Incompetent to Proceed (ITP) or Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity (NGRI). ITP residents receive competency-focused treatment to enable their return to court for legal adjudication, whereas, NGRI residents receive risk management treatment to facilitate their discharge to a less restrictive setting.
Our Psychologists serve as active members or consultative members of a multidisciplinary Recovery Team, and are responsible for providing competency to stand trial evaluations, violence and suicide risk assessments, clinical interventions, and supervision of doctoral interns and post-doctoral residents, among other tasks.
Education for Psychologist:
- A Ph.D. or Psy.D. in clinical psychology from an accredited university
Experience for Psychologist:
- 2-5 years of experience in clinical psychology desired.
- Strong writing skills are a must as writing reports to the Court comprises a large portion of the psychologist’s responsibilities.
- Experience in forensic/correctional/inpatient settings is highly preferred.
Licenses/Certifications for Psychologist:
- Current license as a Psychologist in the state of practice
- Conducts psychological assessments, and forensic assessments such as competency to stand trial evaluations, and violence and suicide risk assessments.
- Provides expert testimony to the court.
- Supervises and trains the psychology students, including oversight of individual training such as competency groups, supportive sessions, and psycho-education.
- Demonstrates knowledge of FS 490, ethical and related clinical principles.
- Completes thorough, accurate, and timely documentation of services provided that consistent with professional standards and hospital procedures.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.