Human Resources Specialist
Our Human Resources Specialist, under limited supervision, provides para-professional administrative support in functional areas of Human Resources which includes recruitment and employment, personnel records, employee relations, regulatory reporting requirements, benefits administration and other areas as needed. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected in order to perform the essential functions of this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor Degree is preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of related work experience in Human Resources or an equivalent combination of related work experience and education required
- Good working knowledge and familiarity with Human Resources concepts, practices, procedures and basic employment laws required
- Must have the ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Experience working with an in-house HR Information System preferred
- Professional in Human Resources or similar certification is preferred
- Knowledgeable regarding HR policies and procedures. Assists employees as needed regarding policies.
- Facilitates new employee orientation as needed.
- Resolves employee personnel inquiries and submits necessary inputs, changes, additions and deletions into the HRIS system for correction. Refers unusual or unresolved problems to local management for resolution.
- Maintains records of personnel transactions such as new hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and other related personnel and payroll issues.
- May attend unemployment hearings as the human resources department representative.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.