IT Scrum Master
The IT Department of Correct Care Solutions is built around the simple concept of articulating clear expectations, providing team members with the tools and support needed to achieve them, and then knocking those expectations out of the park. Our technology supports the CCS Team in providing Medical and Behavioral Healthcare to over 250,000 patients confined to Correctional Institutions and Forensic Behavioral Health Hospitals each day. We literally serve those who can’t serve themselves.
Our development team is responsible for innovating and maintaining a diverse set of web-based enterprise health care applications for these correctional institutions. Our software, consisting of an EMR, an offline medication documentation system, and other applications, increases the quality of patient care as well the overall efficiency and job satisfaction of our health care providers. Besides providing effective tools for managing and providing healthcare, we also implement solutions to aggregate, transform, and communicate large quantities of heterogeneous data to/from a variety of sources.
The Scrum Master is responsible for ensuring that our development team implements, tests and releases new versions of our products on time and to specification. This position requires strong leadership capabilities and the ability to rally a team together to achieve common goal. The ideal candidate would possess experience navigating technical products through the complete software development lifecycle and knowledge of various software development methodologies. We constantly strive to improve the efficiency of our development and deployment processes, so a strong aptitude for identifying process bottlenecks and increasing efficiency through automation techniques is necessary. Our team includes members with decades of experience as well as developers that are new to enterprise software development. We are looking for a leader who will maintain and promote our healthy work environment while accelerating our development efforts.
If leading a team of talented developers to success and delivering high-impact products via modern development and deployment techniques is your passion then this is the job for you.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred, but not required
- A minimum of 2 years as a team lead / project manager.
- Experience managing the full development lifecycle required
- Experience leading a team throughout the entire SDLC in a fast paced environment required.
- Experience developing and expanding a team to address new opportunities.
- None required
- Collaborate with business and key IT stakeholders to plan, prioritize, and schedule applications development and enhancement requests.
- Provide leadership to Application Development Team, including scheduling, direction of responsibilities, feedback and performance evaluations.
- Collaborate to create and champion an identity for the Application Develop Team.
- Hold developers accountable for meeting sprint commitments.
- Remove obstacles that prevent developers from meeting sprint commitments.
- Monitor and evaluate the current SDLC and make change recommendations; implement as necessary.
- Apply leading-edge principles, theories and concepts to the development, maintenance and implementation of software developing standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership focused to Application Development Team.
- Responsible for the timely delivery of quality software solutions that meet defined product requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.