Our Lead Behavioral Health Clinician provides clinical supervision and guidance to other clinicians under the direction of the BH Coordinator, Clinical Supervisor, Treatment Coordinator or BH Director in additional to providing direct care to the inmates. Provide behavioral health consultation and training to facility staff.
- Master’s degree in a behavioral/social science field from an accredited college or university and/or LADC with a CCS for substance abuse.
- Dual licensure preferred but not required.
- Coursework and professional experience that indicates knowledge of behavioral health counseling, group and individual psychotherapy, diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, psychological assessment techniques, Substance abuse treatment, crisis intervention, and behavioral health consultation.
- Previous experience providing supervision preferred.
- Licensure in the state from the appropriate state licensing board; Must maintain CPR certification and any other certifications (such as First Aid) required.
- Provide direct clinical and consultation services in accordance with CCS Policies and procedures, policies and procedures of the institution, and in accordance with the ethics and standards of relevant professional organizations (e.g., NASW, APA).
- Responsible for having a basic understanding of mental health accreditation standards issued by National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) and American Correctional Association (ACA) if those accrediting bodies are applicable to the facility.
- Interrelate and work effectively with facility staff, inmates, and outside support agencies as delegated by BH Coordinator, Clinical Supervisor, Treatment Coordinator or BH Director.
- Provide clinical supervision and support to other mental health professionals as directed by the MH Coordinator, BH Director, Treatment Coordinator or Clinical Supervisor.
- Completion of specific duties and responsibilities as designated by the BH Coordinator, Clinical Supervisor, Treatment Coordinator or BH Director. Designation of duties will be determined by current needs of the inmate population and the lead behavioral health clinician privilege status, taking into consideration employee’s interests whenever possible.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.