Licensed Practical Nurse
Correct Care Recovery Solutions (CCRS) has partnered with the Massachusetts Department of Corrections to comprehensively manage and provide medical and mental health care, forensic mental health evaluation and treatment, substance abuse treatment and dental services to patients at Bridgewater State Hospital. CCRS is seeking qualified professionals to be part of this innovative program that will deliver care in accordance with a person-centered, trauma-informed recovery/resiliency philosophy. CCRS’ overall goal is to improve patients’ levels of functioning and wellness for a successful recovery and discharge from the hospital. CCRS has several exciting employment opportunities based at Bridgewater State Hospital for individuals to work alongside visionary leaders committed to improving public health. When you work at a CCRS facility, you have an opportunity to make a difference every single day.
Our Licensed Practical Nurse assists with the provision of comprehensive psychiatric and medical care within the scope of their practice and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The Licensed Practical Nurse makes and receives assignments, sets priorities and participates in program services as assigned.
Education for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Graduate from an accredited nursing school.
Experience for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- One year of experience in an acute care and/or forensic setting preferred.
Licenses/Certifications for Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Must hold a current, unrestricted nursing license in the state of practice or qualify for licensing through reciprocity arrangements with other states.
- Assists in providing comprehensive nursing care services including; treatment, recovery plan development, implementation of the plan of care and evaluation of the effectiveness of nursing intervention.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of all requirements, practice standards and regulatory requirements relating to the administration of medications, hospital policy and procedures, documentation requirements, medication education.
- Responsible for the safe transport and administration of both controlled and non-controlled medications to patients.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and therapeutic intervention skills based on knowledge of psychiatric mental health disorders; human growth and development, principles of psychiatric rehabilitation (recovery model), providing care within scope of practice.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all applicable nursing services and related policy and procedures including adequate knowledge of The Joint Commission (TJC) standards as related to position. Proper utilization of medical equipment including glucometer.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.