Licensed Psychological Associate (L.P.A.)
Our Licensed Psychological Associate, under the supervision of a licensed psychologist, will provide mental health services to patients at correctional and detention facilities.
- Master’s degree in psychology.
- Experience with mental health delivery systems.
- Experience in the mental field that indicates knowledge of diagnosis and treatment of psychological disorders and psychological evaluation techniques, including psychological assessment instruments
- Licensed as a License Psychological Associate in the state of Kentucky.
- Provides clinical and consultation services in accordance with policies and procedures of Correct Care Solutions (CCS) and the standards of the American Psychological Association (APA), NCCHC, and ACA.
- Provides clinical services such as diagnosis and treatment of mental illness, psychological testing/assessment, psychological evaluations, treatment planning, individual and group counseling, crisis management services and other clinical services typically considered within the scope of practice of Licensed Psychological Associates and under the supervision of a Licensed Psychologist.
- Provides staff training on mental health issues.
- Ensures that services provided are in accordance with relevant ethical and professional standards of care.
- Participates in case staffing or care management meetings involving active clinical cases.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.