Location: FBOP - Big Spring, TX, Big Spring
Facility: FBOP - Big Spring
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Recruiter: Jennifer Bates
Our Medical Coordinator shall monitor scheduled and unscheduled appointments or hospitalizations at community based clinics or hospitals.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience monitoring scheduled and unscheduled appointments or hospitalizations at community based clinics or hospitals.
- Knowledge and experience of common medical appointment procedures.
- Knowledge of confidentiality guidelines and Freedom of Information Act.
- Knowledge of commonly used medical terminology, medical symbols, and medical abbreviations.
- Ability to type medical reports.
- Medical credentials/certification helpful but not required to perform duties.
- Facilitate the weekly Utilization Review Committee to process all medical consultations.
- Notify inmates of the decision of the Utilization Review Committee.
- Schedule all medical trips for inmates to outside healthcare facilities/specialist.
- Process and assemble escorted trip authorizations packets for emergency and special outside medical trips on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that each escorted trip authorization packet is reviewed by the appropriate Bureau of Prison staff.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.