Our Medical Director is responsible for directing, assessing, planning, and monitoring all medical services and staff for the facility; assuring that all medical assessments and care of residents are performed; providing consultation and referrals to and from other community medical staff; and serving as the primary care physician for all residents.
MD or DO from an accredited medical school. Board certified or eligible in internal or family medicine.
- Two (2) years of experience as a Medical Director in an acute or residential inpatient setting.
- Four (4) years post residency clinical experience in an acute inpatient setting, psychiatric and correctional health experience preferred.
- Must maintain a current copy of licensure and certifications on file in the facility at all times.
- Skilled in organization, supervision, and state-of-the-art treatment interventions.
- High degree of empathetic listening, tact and kindness toward others.
- Must have and maintain a current and in good standing license with the State of South Carolina.
- Must also have and maintain a DEA and DPS certificate of registration.
- Directs the overall staff functions and policies for medical, psychiatric, dental, and laboratory functions at the facility and meets with facility executive management team for purposes of healthcare program evaluation and planning.
- Ensures compliance with state statutes, contractual obligations, accrediting bodies and CCS internal policies and procedures.
- Ensures effective management of all case reviews and chart audits according to organizational and National Treatment Guidelines standards and guidelines.
- Directs and manages the overall medical care for the facility and serves as chairperson on a variety of committees as they impact the facility’s health care services. Actively participates in the Admission Treatment Planning program.
- Available to be On-call by phone, 24/7.
The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.or family medicine.