Medical Records Clerk
Our Medical Records Clerk is a qualified clerical person, responsible and accountable for the maintenance of health records. In this capacity, the employee organizes and maintains an approved system of records.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Training in an accredited medical record program or minimum of one (1) year experience in an established medical record system preferred, but not mandatory
- None required
- Ensures confidentiality of all medical records information and completes forms for release of information. Refers to Medical Records Supervisor / H.S.A. any requests of questionable nature.
- Ensures all medical records filing is up to date.
- Performs Clerical/Technical duties: Pull and file medical records daily as needed. Prepare and type reports/correspondence as requested by supervisors. Answer telephone, relay messages, and transfer calls as appropriate. File loose documentation generated from inside and outside the institution such as laboratory reports, radiology results, completed consultant reports, medication administration records, etc. Schedule inmates for medical appointments as requested.
- Assist Medical Records Supervisor in preparing periodic statistical reports and other management information system requirements.
- Promotes Quality Improvement standards by actively participating in the quality of care screen audits.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.