Medical Records Clerk
Our Medical Records Clerk performs duties such as filing or organizing the master and discharged medical records as well as performing other associated tasks. This position is responsible for the completion of requests from various outside entities and completing them in a timely manner. Skills required and essential are paying attention to details. Employee must be able to follow instructions and be multi tasked. Employee will manage his/her time in an environment where there is constant demand.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Training in an accredited medical record program or minimum of one (1) year experience in an established medical record system preferred, but not mandatory
- None required
- Responds to requests for medical records from management, attorneys, Social Security Administrators, or other health care facilities.
- Files all necessary documents in the charts. Keeps charts well organized and up-to-date.
- Responsible for filing loose reports and thinning into both the Master Record and discharged records.
- Verifies and maintains the storage data warehouse for previous patient activity statewide, in addition is responsible for coordinating requests and returns of patient old charts.
- Acts as office receptionist in responding to inquiries and assisting staff and auditors or reviewers with locating medical documents in the charts.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.