Location: Lubbock County Detention Center, TX, Lubbock
Facility: Lubbock County Detention Center
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Recruiter: Henry Pierson
Our Certified Medication Technician is responsible for all aspects of medication administration under supervision and in compliance with state regulations.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Certified Medication Technician Course preferred
- One (1) year related experience in a medical environment preferred
- Medication Technician certification, registration, or other similar credential prefered
- Must have current CPR Certification
- Preparing and administering prescribed medications to patients under the supervision of a licensed RN, and in compliance with all Facility policies and procedures and Pharmacy Board rules and regulations governing the administration and documentation of medication.
- Adhering to all Facility policies and procedures and Pharmacy Board rules and regulation regarding the administration and documentation of narcotic medications.
- Performing medication administration responsibilities while adhering to all safety principles.
- Documenting administration of medication on the Medication Administration Record (MAR).
- Documenting medications not administered on the MAR, and the reason for not being administered.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.