Mental Health Secretary
Our Mental Health Secretary provides clerical and administrative support to the Mental Health Department. Maintains all mental health records according to policy and procedure, including maintaining confidentiality of records.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Has a broad range of skills including time management, word processing, typing, filing and other clerical skills
- Ability to interact with diverse health care professionals and inmates
- Current CPR certification
- Any other certifications (such as First Aid) required by contract
- Responsible to execute secretarial/clerical duties for staff as assigned by the Mental Health Coordinator/Mental Health Director. Responsible for informing the Mental Health Coordinator/Mental Health Director of any difficulties in handling assigned work, so priorities can be established to ensure essential tasks are completed
- Responsible to interrelate and work effectively with all mental health staff, the Facility staff and the inmate population as required
- Responsible to abide by the security regulations of the Facility and the rules/regulations of the institution
- Responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of inmate information in accordance with CCS and Facility policy, as well as the standards of the American Psychological Association, National Commission on Correctional Health Care, and the American Correctional Association
- Prepare, duplicate and distribute written reports as requested by Mental Health Coordinator or Mental Health Director (e.g. staff meeting minutes, staff schedules, Special Needs lists, and correspondence)
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.