Mental Health Specialist
Our Mental Health Specialist provides mental health services under the direction of the Mental Health Coordinators/Mental Health Director to inmates in the facility. Provides mental health consultation and training to the facility personnel. Must maintain effective communication with the facility as well as maintain accountability for services provided through appropriate documentation and participation in Quality Improvement Programs. Also must maintain confidentiality of health care records.
Education for Mental Health Specialist:
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral/social science field from an accredited college or university required.
Experience for Mental Health Specialist:
- Must have coursework and professional experience that indicates knowledge of mental health counseling, identification of mental health issues, crisis intervention, and mental health consultation.
Licenses/Certifications for Mental Health Specialist:
- Current CPR certification
- Any other certifications (such as First Aid) required by contract
- Responsible to provide mental health services under the direction of a licensed Mental Health Professional in accordance with the policies and procedures of CCS, the Facility, and in accordance with the ethics and standards of relevant professional organizations (e.g., NCCHC, NASW, APA). Provision of mental health services must be in accordance with state guidelines regarding scope of services of bachelor's prepared professionals.
- Responsible to report to the Mental Health Coordinator/Mental Health Director.
- Responsible to interrelate and work effectively with Facility staff, inmates, and outside support agencies as delegated by Mental Health Coordinator/Mental Health Director.
- Responsible to maintain the confidentiality of inmate information in accordance with State law, CCS Policy, the Facility policy and the standards of the National Commission on Correctional Health Care and the American Correctional Association.
- Completion of specific duties and responsibilities as designated by the Mental Health Coordinator/Mental Health Director. Designation of duties will be determined by current needs of the inmate population and the mental health technician's skill level.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.