Mental Health Technician
Our Mental Health Technician is an entry-level position that learns to provide direct care to a specific resident population under the direction and supervision of licensed nursing staff and their designees. This position provides standard and routine psychiatric and medical nursing assistance services as part of the overall plan of care and within the nursing standards (Florida Nurse Practice Act) and policies and procedures of the facility.
Education for Mental Health Technician:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience for Mental Health Technician:
- One (1) year direct care experience in a mental health setting.
- Ability to read, and write legibly in English
- Ability to comprehend medical terminology
- Abiltiy to work as a team member, and relate in an intelligent manner to residents, staff and visitors.
- All contract and company training requirements and certifications must be completed during orientation and training period. Effective interpersonal skills.
Licenses/Certifications for Mental Health Technician:
- Learns to assist licensed nursing personnel in providing direct services to assigned population including health data collection; observations of behaviors and activities of daily living; assistance with activities of daily living including prompting, education and support; specific assignments such as face checks, unit l monitoring, one to one’s, overall supervision of residents, groups and other direct care duties as assigned.
- Guides and assists resident in activities of daily living and personal hygiene, nutrition, rest, and exercise.
- Takes and records vital signs and documents information in medical record of resident. May participate in specific treatment interventions such as coping skills, anger management, and other self-regulating behavior.
- Collects and distributes laundry and house/unit supplies, assists or takes responsibility for clothing and personal items.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge regarding therapeutic communication and psychiatric recovery and rehabilitation skills. Understands the organization’s recovery based resident mission, vision and values and how these guide practice.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.School Diploma or equivalent required.