Mental Health Technician
Our Mental Health Technician provides clinical services under the direction of the Mental Health Coordinator, Clinical Supervisor, or Mental Health Director and is functioning under the clinical supervision of an approved supervisor while working toward professional licensure.
Education for Mental Health Technician:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Experience for Mental Health Technician:
- One (1) or more years direct care experience in a mental health setting and/or a certificate in a mental health program preferred.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend medical terminology, to work as a team member, and relate in an intelligent manner to persons served, staff and visitors.
Licenses/Certifications for Mental Health Technician:
CPR training required.
- The Joint Commisson (TJC) knowledge and experience preferred.
- Assists licensed nursing personnel in providing direct services to assigned population including health data collection; observations of behaviors and activities of daily living; assistance with activities of daily living including prompting, education and support; specific assignments such as face checks, hall monitoring, one to one’s, overall supervision of patients, groups and other direct care duties as assigned; knowledgeable about psychotropic meds.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge regarding therapeutic communication and role recovery psychiatric rehabilitation skills. Understands the organization’s recovery based Patients mission, vision and values and how these guide practice.
- Continues professional development through inservice education, workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to maintain current knowledge applicable to the position. Compliance in all mandatory Human Resources requirements.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as an individual, and considers the culture of the patients when providing care and treatment.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental needs of each patients.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.