Mental Health Therapeutic Security Technician
The Mental Health Therapeutic Security Technician (MHTST) provides Individual residential support services and skills training to residents assigned to psychiatric services; as well as front-line supervision to residents on the living units at TCCC. This includes continuous monitoring of residents and unit activities. The MHTST assures the safety and security of the living unit and supports the therapeutic goals of the program. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Mental Health Services Coordinator with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Clinical guidance is provided by the Mental Health Services Coordinator.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor degree preferred
- One (1) year direct care experience in a forensic, correctional, mental health or hospital setting preferred
- None required
- Maintains the safety of the living unit and day rooms for residents and staff.
- Continually observes resident’s behavior for safety or clinical issues.
- Provides Individual Residential Support Services to residents assigned to psychiatric caseloads.
- Facilitates skills training groups for residents assigned to psychiatric caseloads.
- Maintains records of individual residential support services provided and skills training group attendance.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.