Nurse Educator -Full-Time Day!
Our Nurse Educator will support the company in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of education programs to promote the development of staff. Support nursing orientations, nursing continuing education, patient-focused care classes and programs required by regulatory agencies for caregivers as well as perform initial assessments of nursing staff and individual plans for orientation. Provides health related education to detention (custody staff) as required by contract and accreditation standards. As a team member, you will play an important role by collaborating with others and contributing toward our mission and values.
Education for Nurse Educator:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
Experience for Nurse Educator:
- Five (5) or more years correctional healthcare experience preferred
- Knowledge of program development and adult learning methodologies
Licenses/Certifications for Nurse Educator:
- Current licensure as Registered Nurse within the state
- Current CPR Certification
- Ensuring all on-the-job training is consistent with Correct Care Solutions guidelines established
- Ensure that site trainers/preceptors have the knowledge, tools, and attitude to effectively train staff
- Acting as both a formal and informal consultant, assisting with the integration of new learning into nursing practice and serving as a resource by assisting nurses in identifying problems, identifying available internal and external educational resources, and selecting educational options
- Working with the Operations team in identifying changes that should be made in the nursing practice and facilitating the initiation of, adoption of, and adaption to change. Strives for excellence in patient care by self-monitoring and, as necessary, to ensure the safety and well-being of the patient. Identifies existing and potential problems and takes effective actions. Develops and maintains an awareness of needed improvements in patient care, procedures, equipment and supplies and makes recommendations.
- Assumes individual accountability for own conduct and maintenance of professional attitude and appearance
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.