Correct Care Recovery Solutions (CCRS) has partnered with the Massachusetts Department of Corrections to comprehensively manage and provide medical and mental health care, forensic mental health evaluation and treatment, substance abuse treatment and dental services to patients at Bridgewater State Hospital. CCRS is seeking qualified professionals to be part of this innovative program that will deliver care in accordance with a person-centered, trauma-informed recovery/resiliency philosophy. CCRS’ overall goal is to improve patients’ levels of functioning and wellness for a successful recovery and discharge from the hospital. CCRS has several exciting employment opportunities based at Bridgewater State Hospital for individuals to work alongside visionary leaders committed to improving public health. When you work at a CCRS facility, you have an opportunity to make a difference every single day.
Our Nurse Educator develops, reviews and implements training to assure that nursing staff are trained to function in a competent, proficient manner in order to meet the needs of adults with serious and persistent mental illness, substance use disorders, and chronic medical problems.
Education for Nurse Educator:
- Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Nursing or other healthcare related field.
Experience for Nurse Educator:
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in psychiatric mental health nursing is required, preferably with an additional two (2) to three (3) years of educator experience.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Joint Commission knowledge and experience preferred.
- Experience in Performance Improvement preferred.
Licenses/Certifications for Nurse Educator:
- Must hold a current license as a Registered Nurse, or qualify for same through reciprocity with another state board of nursing.
- Develops, coordinates and implements educational programs for nursing staff, including ongoing curriculum needs.
- Incorporates all current regulatory requirements into nursing education programs.
- Works with the Human Resources department to provide training for nursing staff.
- Assist the Chief Nursing Officer with corrective actions, coaching and counseling employees in all situations related to their work performance.
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of orientation for nursing department staff (RN, LPN and MHT).
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.