Our Nurse Practitioner provide a full range of medical services for inmates. Works under the supervision of the Site Medical Director and other site Physicians and in accordance with established policy and procedure as well as within the state guidelines. Provides required documentation of services in order to monitor provision of clinical services.
Education for Nurse Practitioner:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, and hold an advanced degree in an approved and accredited Nurse Practitioner program
Experience for Nurse Practitioner:
- Prior medical/surgical and/or emergency/trauma experience and corrections experience preferred.
- Must have the patience and tact to deal with the inmate population and ability to work effectively in the corrections environment.
- Scheduling flexibility is required to be able to rotate hours and shifts, if needed, and to be called during emergency situations to provide coverage.
Licenses/Certifications for Nurse Practitioner:
- Current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner in Massachusetts.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Conducts infirmary rounds as established by Site Medical Director, Health Services Administrator or designee and records encounters in the patient's progress notes.
- Ensures progress note documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented, corresponds to the therapeutic order and is dated, timed and legible.
- Adheres to the established formulary for therapeutic regimens before using non-formulary procedure.
- Respond to a code or health emergency within standard guidelines.
- Makes pertinent observations and draws logical conclusions, which validate need for non-formulary drug, which is recorded on non-formulary form and submitted to the Medical Director for approval.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.