Our Nurse Scheduler is responsible for the daily data entries of the Nursing Services master staff scheduling program, and daily workflow of the nursing department. Performs administrative duties requiring application of varied work methods and procedures. Work requires familiarity and/or specific training in the master staff scheduling program (Kronos) and implementation within standard policies, procedures and practices within the hospital. This position operates within challenging situations requiring complex decision-making and problem solving. The incumbent works under direct supervision by the DON and carries out specific projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College level courses preferred.
- 3 years of experience as a secretary or administrative assistant is preferred but not required. Must be proficient in Kronos Workforce Planner, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- None required.
- Performs advanced computer work with appropriate skills reflected in accurate data entry of the nursing schedule measured by authorized levels.
- Assists in coordinating of employee activities and in-services as needed. Assists with employee orientation and other education and training activities, and ensures appropriate staff coverage at such times.
- Maintains indexes and files and assures completion of required paperwork, including corrections to be entered into Kronos workforce planner.
- Assists Managers with time and attendance, disciplinary actions, vacancies, payroll issues, worker’s compensation, bereavement, jury duty, licensure expiration tracking, and call-outs.
- Reviews and recommends requests for time off, schedules, timesheets, and payroll reports.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.