Nursing Divisional Director
Our Nursing Divisional Director will lead and guide the nursing and utilization review functions throughout the division; oversee and report on all nursing operations; and assists in business development activities as they relate to the developing proposals, visiting and assessing prospect locations, and participating in pre-bid conferences.
Education for Director of Nursing:
- Master’s Degree required, preferably in Nursing.
Experience for Director of Nursing:
- Ten (10) years of work experience in a psychiatric or secure forensic mental health facility with at least Five (5) years of managerial nursing level experience. Utilization Review experience preferred.
- Must possess a working knowledge of state and federal health regulatory laws, objectives and policies, procedures and requirements for managing secure forensic and mental health facilities as demonstrated by having a combination of relevant work, education and research experience.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of hospital mental health standards, including regulatory agency requirements (i.e. TJC, CMS, AHCA).
- Must be able to work independently and within groups.
- Must be able to work with all levels within the organization.
Licenses/Certifications for Director of Nursing:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse or Registered Nurse Practitioner.
- Provides professional expertise to Hospital or Facility Administrators and Nursing Directors in managing, hiring, and mentoring all facility-level nursing personnel.
- Provides corporate-level guidance in all appropriate functions through formal and informal communication designed to maximize individual and facility results.
- Provides operational advice through daily contact to all clinical areas at the corporate and facility level to include nursing, health and wellness, and human resources.
- Partners with Corporate Contract Compliance to develop operational monitoring tools for utilization management.
- Provides guidance in development and execution of facility plan of correction as it relates to medical and clinical regulatory compliance.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.