Location: FCC Beaumont, TX, Beaumont
Facility: FCC Beaumont
Job Type: Regular Part-Time
Recruiter: Shawn Harding
Our Optometrist provides optometry service to inmate patients and provides required documentation of services to the HSA or designee in accordance with CCS contract.
- Doctorate of Optometry
- One (1) or more years experience in general optometry preferred
- Current licensure as an Optometrist within the state
- Current CPR Certification
- Reports to assigned facility at designated hour to examine, supervise and provide vision care/treatment to referred patients. Evaluates and treats patients referred by other clinical personnel in accordance with CCS guidelines.
- Refers to other clinical providers as appropriate.
- Ensures progress note documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented, legible and is dated, timed and signed.
- Maintains current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification on file.
- Supports standards of correctional vision care through adherence to existing policies and procedures.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.