Our Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) provides general emergency care to inmate patients including initial examination upon in-take and responding to day-to-day medical issues with inmate patients and responding to medical emergencies
- Requires successful completion of an Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic course
- Prior experience in a correctional or jail setting preferred
- Requires unrestricted current certification or registration in state of practice
- Provides rapid response to apparent medical emergencies throughout the correctional facility.
- Must be proficient in CPR and recognizing needs to use this technique.
- Must be competent in handling emergencies utilizing basic life support equipment.
- Assesses and identifies health problems of new inmates and develops medical record.
- Administers prescribed treatment and medication to inmate patients as needed and medically required, and within licensing authorization.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.