Correct Care Recovery Solutions (CCRS) has partnered with the Massachusetts Department of Corrections to comprehensively manage and provide medical and mental health care, forensic mental health evaluation and treatment, substance abuse treatment and dental services to patients at Bridgewater State Hospital. CCRS is seeking qualified professionals to be part of this innovative program that will deliver care in accordance with a person-centered, trauma-informed recovery/resiliency philosophy. CCRS’ overall goal is to improve patients’ levels of functioning and wellness for a successful recovery and discharge from the hospital. CCRS has several exciting employment opportunities based at Bridgewater State Hospital for individuals to work alongside visionary leaders committed to improving public health. When you work at a CCRS facility, you have an opportunity to make a difference every single day.
Our Physician is responsible for the medical assessment and care of patients, supervising the ARNPs’, PAs’ clinical activities, and providing consultations and referrals to and from other medical staff.
Education for Physician:
- MD or DO degree from an accredited medical school.
Experience for Physician:
- Two (2) years of experience in primary care preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels within the facility, in addition to a variety of outside customers with varying interests.
- Above average writing skills. Must be able to thoroughly and effectively document all work performed in the position.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Licenses/Certifications for Physician:
- Licensed in the state of practice. Has a current DEA and D.P.S. certificate of registration.
- Conducts routine medical examinations on incoming or admitted patients under protocols and guidelines established.
- May supervise ARNPs or PAs who may also conduct medical examinations.
- Provides medical treatment and orders studies, tests, and ancillary services that are required and consistent with the provisions of adequate health care services and approved privileges. May conducts minor surgical procedures for which they have been granted privileges to perform at the facility. Thoroughly, accurately, and timely documents all patient services in the patient's medical record utilizing facility approved format.
- Routinely reviews/reevaluates those patients requiring ongoing medical/consultative services and coordinates treatment planning in those cases.
- Initiates and maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures, and reviews all facility-specific medical health care policies and procedures annually to assure their compliance with CCRS Corporate Directives and applicable regulatory agencies.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.