Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist (PCNS or PMHNP)
Location: Old Colony Correctional Center, MA DOC, MA, Bridgewater
Facility: Old Colony Correctional Center, MA DOC
Job Type: Regular Part-Time
Our Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist, provides a full range of psychiatric services, under the supervision of the Program Psychiatric Medical Director or Psychiatrist as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and advanced degree as an advanced practice registered nurse.
- 2 years of experience as an APRN in a residential healthcare institution.
- Current and unrestricted Advanced Practice Registered Nurse license.
- Board certified as an Adult Psychiatric-Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, or similar from a national APRN board certifying organization recognized by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing.
- Must maintain CPR certification, and any other certifications required by contract.
- Current federal and state-controlled substance certification/registration.
- Under the supervision of the Psychiatry Medical Director and in accordance with established company policy and within Massachusetts guidelines, provides comprehensive assessment, development, implementation, evaluation, and revision, as necessary, of the effectiveness of the plan of care.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of all requirements and practice standards relating to the prescription and administration of psychotropic medications; monitors medication management and initiates appropriate therapies for certain conditions; changes medications according to variations in a patient’s response within established protocols; adheres to the established formulary for therapeutic regimens before using non-formulary medications.
- Observes and differentiates between signs and symptoms associated with normal human physiology and those indicative of pathological changes.
- Documents all relevant patient care issues in patients’ progress notes and treatment plan; ensures documentation is in specified format, problem-oriented, and is legible, date, timed, and signed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.